Manchester Midland Hotel
Step into your dream wedding at The Midland Hotel. Located in the heart of the city centre in Manchester, this hotel has a 100-year history of kings, queens, presidents and rock stars as guests. You will be treated like royalty in this red-bricked Victoriana styled building with exquisite architecture inside and out. Your day will truly feel like a fairytale you never want to end.
Facilities and capacity
There are many unique spaces to choose from:
- The Trafford Room holds up to 250 guests for a wedding ceremony, 165 for wedding breakfast and 200 for an evening reception. This is also the room where the tango was danced for the first time in the UK.
- The Lancaster Suite is an intimate space with Edwardian oak and an intricate period fireplace. Ceremony capacity is for 90 family and friends and 55 for a wedding breakfast.
- The Derby Suite boasts natural light and detailed ceiling architecture for a 100 guest wedding breakfast and evening reception of 160.
- The Stanley Suite provides a sense of warmth and charm for a 125-person ceremony, dinning for 80, and reception capacity of 110.
- The Rolls and Royce Suites are designed for smaller celebrations and can accommodate 30 for a ceremony and 24 for a breakfast. These almost identical rooms were named after Sir Henry Royce and Sir Charles Rolls who met at this hotel to form the Rolls-Royce motor company.
A three course wedding breakfast package includes white table cloths and napkins, crockery, cutlery & glassware, cake stand and knife, dance floor, overnight accommodation and complimentary breakfast for the bride and groom and discounted room rates for your guests. The Home and Away wedding package offers an option for couples getting married abroad to come back and celebrate with their families at home. Jewish and Asian wedding package are available.
As experts in all aspects of cordon bleu cuisine, the catering staff at The Midland Hotel will provide creative and carefully crafted dishes that will enhance your wedding experience. You will have the opportunity to choose from a portfolio of amazing meals, buffets and drink packages or construct a personalized set of foods. A children’s menu is also available for your younger guests.
From standard bedrooms to the Midland Suites there are many options for your guests to choose from out of the 312 rooms. Adjoining and interconnecting rooms are available to make it easier to celebrate with friends and family. A special wedding night suite for the bride and groom can be arranged as well.
The Midland Hotel is home to great restaurants like The French by Simon Rogan and Mr. Cooper’s House & Garden. Newly opened, The Spa at The Midland is able to provide you and your guests with all the pampering and relaxation that is necessary to make you feel wonderful on your special day.
Valet parking available outside the hotel, £30 for 24 hours.
The Midland Hotel was honoured as the “Best Wedding Venue – Central Manchester at the Eat Drink Sleep Awards 2015 and 2017. The awards recognise the best of Manchester’s food, drink and hospitality venues and are voted for by the public.
This venue is truly special and is the choice of many famous faces. Although an older building it has various lifts and ramps for your guests who may be disabled or elderly. If I was getting married in the City Centre this would certainly be a serious contender as the hotel looks stunning and the service is fantastic.